AV Sender interference

I have a good AV sender. The picture is great, except that because it's on the 2.4ghz band I get a lot of interference. Does anyone know any way to filter the signal? The AC is filtered via a power board. Or alternatively can anyone recommend a VERY good sender with IR control that isn't subject to audio/video interference? I have tried the Strong

5.8ghz one, and the Cocoon digital and 2.4 ghz models, and none are as good as the one I have, which is On-for-All brand. thanks.
--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

Is it possible to move the frequency ?

--

Reply to
atec77

The one I had had five channels to choose from

--
Petzl
Million: 1,000,000
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

felix_unger was thinking very hard :

Have you tried turning your Cordless Phone Off? I know you want to use it but I found the phone to be the source of the interference and on the rare occasion I need video repeater I can do without the phone.

--
John G
Reply to

yes, but it's on 5.8ghz anyway.

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

no, unfortunately

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

Sell it and buy one that will

can't see another solution unless you can find the major noise source and move it in frequency or remove it completely

--

Reply to
atec77

well you'll see in my post that I'm asking for recommendations. I don't know of one that is good enough yet. at present I put up with the one I have, despite the interference, because of it's audio and video quality. btw.. I use monster leads, and one I tried from Aldi would not work with them. because they had such low signal loss they overloaded the input. you had to use the skinny crappy ones that came with it!

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

Just like to mention that I have a Strong and could not use the supplied cable to connect it to the TV as I was getting a hum through the audio. Ended up using a HDMI cable which resolved the issue.

This is what I found with the Strong equipment - its only a comment.

Reply to
Rob

2.4ghz band I get a lot of interference.

board. Or alternatively can anyone

interference? I have tried the Strong

the one I have, which is On-for-All

Went down the same road, and eventually settled on a 2 channel good quality modulator:

I send cable TV down one channel, and my CCTV system down the other.

Allows you to use any TV set for cable, or CCTV monitoring. :-)

Requires a little extra to make it work:

and a little rewiring, so that you have the modulator feeding everything, but if you want to spend the time and money, you will end up with a top result.

Cheers Don...

=========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Obviously hard wire is the right solution but if you don't have the license it can cost , I do so n/p

--

Reply to
atec77

how do you 'hard wire' CVBS for a long run?

license?

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

wow! this looks interesting. I'll follow up on it. Thanks Don! :)

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

you must be talking about a STB or PVR. their AV sender only has composite output

noted, thanks

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

p.s. can I assume that the AV quality is as good as normal FTA UHF?

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

Mine worked without interferance on all five channels

Might be time to move house

--
 Petzl
Chattanooga choo choo
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Petzl

do away with most of the link adding cabled connections from the source

cablers permit

--

Reply to
atec77

specifically what are you referring to?

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

move the radio closer , and to connect it back to the router or source you run a longer cable

--

Reply to
atec77

seems you don't know what we're talking about