Subject Author Posted Replies

reconfigurable, modular design and clock signals - Question
Hello, I have a question about the modular design flow for partial reconfiguration. I created a small pr demo using xilinx modular design flow for a virtex2pro fpga. It consists of 2 static parts with...
4
4

Drigmorn1 - The Cheapest FPGA Development Board???
We have been promising this for a while and I am finally pleased to show first images and details of Drigmorn1 here We are aiming this to be the cheapest develoment board out there so if know any...
9
9

why do i see negative clock hold time
hello when i look at the timing report of my fpga i see that the why do i see negative clock hold time of my input pins is NEGATIVE Thold= -5ns i dont understand why thanks for the help
2
2

Mixed language design
I have a simple design (about 300 logic elements / 150 registers) written in Verilog. It's highly self-contained (only about ten signals on the interface). (For the curious, it performs a function for...
8
8

can't install Centos 5.1 x86_64 and Xilinx ISE 9.2 evaluation
I recently upgraded from a Centos 4.5 x86_64 (Red Hat Enterprise 4 Update 5) installation to Centos 5.1. I reinstalled the O/S from scratch. When I try to install Xilinx ISE 9.2 Foundation...
2
2

Need help with Altera .pof format!
Hello! I have made a serial firmware downloader for the EPC4 device, and have a couple of questions. After looking at different .pof files, it looks like the file is made up of (on the epc4):...

"simultaneously switching output"
Im new to FPGA, so id like to ask what is "simultaneously switching output ? Is it connected with noise problem which comes from switching ? How to prevent it ? thx for all answers MWJ
3
3

RAM32X1D and Virtex-5
Hi All, The Virtex-5 user guide lists RAM32X1D as a distributed RAM primitive, however this primitive is not listed in the libraries guide. Does anyone know whether this primitive is supported or not?...

Spartan 3e and SDRAM
I'm planning to use Spartan 3e and SDRAM for a product - sort of a simple video "card" for an embedded CPU system. I got myself the Spartan 3e STARTER kit and I'm trying to use the SDRAM on board....
4
4

BUFGCE
HI I have a question about the use of an BUFGCE in a xilinx design. (currently using a virtex 4). when i enable the buffer it seems to loose one clock cycle. 1 2 3 4 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ CLK_IN __|...
5
5

clock cycle per Instructions
Hi all, I am trying to calculate clock cycles per instructions by running the test cases and monitoring the waveforms. I am confused to calculate the cycles for memory and IO related instructions......
1
1

converting verilog to vhdl
Hello I am trying to convert the following code to vhdl assign Q = (rst==0)?Q_int:1'do; How do i convert this to vhdl? I have to use a concurrent statement as this statement is not in the always block...
13
13

clock lines
Hi, I am reading the Spartan3E user guide and I had a question regarding the clock infrastructure. It says that there are 8 "quadrant clock lines" A - H. Does that mean that my code can ONLY have...
5
5

Can't get Quartus to Infer Dual Port Ram for Stratix2GX
How do I get Quartus to infer a dual port RAM? I've tried a couple of coding styles neither worked. I've also tried putting a /* syn_ramstyle = "M4K" */ on the module statement and on the ram...
5
5

UK FPGA supplier
Try in Oxford.