Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Unreliable boot behavior
Hi folks, So far I only have experience with a single Raspberry PI model B. I've got Raspbian installed on it and AFAIK it's configured correctly. However, it boots up unreliably: after power...
15
15

DHCP eth0 question
I have my pi set to use either wired or wifi with both interfaces on DHCP. If I am using the wireless connection then every so often in syslog I see an attempt to get an eth0 address. It would seem...
9
9

Problem with mplayer/ftp hangs
I have got my Pi running raspbian playing net radio using mplayer. Works fine. We have a Topfiled 5800 PVR fronted with an Asus NSLU2, AKA slug, running custom firmware. One can access the PVR from...
7
7

Using a socks proxy
How do I make my pi use a socks proxy and create a tunnel on startup? Using Raspbmc.
3
3

Re: Powering a Raspberry Pi, Model B
Copying Apparently those last two links should have been  Raspberry Pi: PSUs and Power Cables Power over ethernet is under networking:
2
2

Need TiledWindow when dongle takes mouse-port.
No, I don't want to learn a different one, if dvtm which is good on x86 PCs works. Besides dvtm is so small that it was supposed to be my first test install to rPi. But my install failed. Even `man...
5
5

Raspberry, Dagu5 Rover and motor controller
hello to all, are struggling with a rover 4 wd with the encoder dagu5, assuming I'm a pro grammer and not an electronic so I understand everything up to a certain po int I started to build me a small...
2
2

So, what's the story?
I have 5 raspberry-pi. 1 I got from the University where I work. 2 bought from joe andom on eBay. 2 bought recently from Allied. Only one of them actually works. The one I got from work. And that was...
97
97

Controlling HD44780 as a character device?
Hello, beeing a Linux guy for nearly two decades now, I wonder why all the suggestions for controlling a HD44780 from a Raspberry Pi will use direct GPIO (or I2C) access from userland? Despite the...
29
29

Odd behaviour with PiView screen modes
I have used Pis quite successfully in the past for running a looping video on screens in a retail environment. Some by direct connection to a screen via HDMI, and others via PiView HDMI to VGA...

locale problem
I am using raspbian and owncloud. The latter complains about the locale: Locale not working This ownCloud server can't set system locale to en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF8. This means that there might be...
1
1

Re: USB hubs; power; quick & dirty UPS
If the hub can put out 1A, then yes. Not all of them can. If you have a battery pack that both charges off and dispenses USB, yes. I believe that one of the denizens of this group is trying to sell...
16
16

watchdog
Inspired by another thread here I decided to experiment with the watchdog. Luckily not on my datacenter Pi yet. I read the docs and installed the package watchdog. It has 2 config files:...

Pi noob pt 2
OK, got all the periphs and conns and unit seems to be working. But, I get an error window: "SD card has now been formated ready for NOOBS installation. Please re-copy the NOOBS files onto the card...
9
9

Recompile some windows code to PI
Hi. I have some code written in delphi. I can run this code on linux with wine but it looks like i can not run Wine or this program on PI. So, what would be the best way to do ? If i have to create it...
4
4