locale problem

I am using raspbian and owncloud. The latter complains about the locale: Locale not working This ownCloud server can't set system locale to en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF8. This means that there might be problems with certain characters in file names. We strongly suggest to install the required packages on your system to support en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF8.

However, RasPi says: root@raspberrypi:~# locale LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LANGUAGE= LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8 LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8" LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NAME=en_US.UTF-8 LC_ADDRESS=en_US.UTF-8 LC_TELEPHONE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US.UTF-8 LC_ALL=

To my understanding,everything is set up correctly on the Raspberry. Why is owncloud complaining? Any hints?

TIA, Paul

Reply to
Paul Berger

[...]

as root issue the command "dpkg-reconfigure locales"

use arrow-keys and space to check the box next to "en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8" on the list and press enter.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to