Recompile some windows code to PI

Hi. I have some code written in delphi. I can run this code on linux with wine but it looks like i can not run Wine or this program on PI. So, what would be the best way to do ?

If i have to create it from the beginning, should i use GCC compiler. Which tool ? Or is there any other way to make this work.

Reply to
emil.nad

if its a small amount of code I'd rewite it into C or C++ if you can.

Delphi on linux is possible, but not that easy as far as a quick google shows.

Ive ported Pascal to C with few problems - Pascal is like a restricted version of C anyway.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Lazarus might be of use to you, it's a development environment very like Delphi and its library contains a lot of compatible libraries (same names, syntax and functionality)

It's not a 100% compatible clone of Delphi, so depending on what your code does or uses you may have to do some bug fixing, but it'll get you most of the way quite quickly.

More general info on lazarus here:

Info about running it on the rpi here:

-Paul

--
http://paulseward.com
Reply to

On Mon, 09 Sep 2013 16:16:34 +0100, The Natural Philosopher declaimed the following:

I'd think it would be easier to port to Ada...

BUT -- the problem I see with Delphi is that it probably makes heavy use of a Delphi-specific "windowing" library. THAT is what is probably not going to port easily.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Lazarus, as Paul mentioned:

There is a port for the Raspberry Pi. Here's a simple project I ported/developed on Windows and the Raspberry Pi, using Lazarus:

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Reply to