Need TiledWindow when dongle takes mouse-port.

No, I don't want to learn a different one, if dvtm which is good on x86 PCs works. Besides dvtm is so small that it was supposed to be my first test install to rPi.

But my install failed. Even `man dvtm` gave a seg-fault. So then I tried compiling the source-package from my x86, which failed too.

Have these packages been tested/confirmed?

I think I used:

Where did I go wrong?

== TIA

Reply to
Unknown

dunno, the one from rasbpian works fine for me.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

You didn't do sudo apt-get install dvtm ?

Reply to
Rob Morley

SCREW `sudo apt-get install DingDong` !! I've already explained that the TwitterFacebooKiddies will learn nothing by just parroting phrases.

Correct me if I'm wrong that: `sudo apt-get install DingDong` consults the package-data-base and if appropriate fetches the appropriate package from the appropriate URL, and installs it within the context of the existing state.

Of course, an [always on-line] connection is assumed. It's like the baby just has to cry, and it automagically gets titi, it doesn't need to know/understand the mechanism behind the relief.

OMG, I just realised it's September.

Reply to
Unknown

Yes, it's a well thought out and reliable tool designed to save you time and make your life easier.

Or if you have to dial up you could just connect and download it then disconnect again, like you would have to do anyway to get the source archive.

In that case I suggest you write your own operating system in machine code instead of being a baby who has to ask for help and use software written by other people without having to know/understand what every line of code does.

Yeah, clearly all the new university and college students have just got access to the internet for the first time, and are discovering the joys of usenet through the server their university runs. Oh wait...

Reply to
Guesser

heck thats not good enoiugh. You have better fab your own chips. Who knows what secret instructions are burned into theh ones you bought..and what backdoors there are in that assembler..does it REALLY assemble ONLY what you tell it to?

You cant be SURE....

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher