Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MPEG-2 to H.264 conversion?
Hi, I dug out my RasPi yesterday and tried raspbmc. Veeery nice! I noticed that I was able to *see* some blue-ray material but not DVB-S recordings in MPEG-2. Searching (and stumbling across an...
7
7

External disk enclosures
Hi all, Has anyone got experiences they can share of attaching various 2.5" disk enclosures to a Pi? Ideally I'd like to buy a powered enclosure so I don't need a powered USB hub between it and the...
1
1

Midori: black frames around buttons
Hallo, there is a problem using the Midori-Browser on my Pi (with Wheezy). Around every button, writeable field and even the scrollbars, there is a black frame, covering the other things nearby (text,...

How difficult to port programs to ARM debian?
I'm enthusiastic about the rPi which has Debian wheezy as its default OS. But both programs that I tried to install/port: dvtm, wily; failed. I don't want to have to look into C and especially not C+,...
40
40

scratch: Simplest explanation!
When I got no reply to my query of "what/how is scratch?", I assumed that people didn't want to admit 'playing' with infants' toys. Now I'll excuse them, because the INITIAL official documentation is...
5
5

BCM2708 availability and price?
Is the Broadcom BCM2708 available for sale? If yes, how much does it cost i lower quantities? Thanks //Petter
9
9

Remove need for User & Password ?
I've been using one for some time now, only has power, wifi dongle and webcam connected. It is configured for auto-logon and as soon as it's up I start the necessary programs via SSH. Last time it was...
10
10

RasPi has a BIG QUAD brother
8
8

raspberrypi DOA?
I have two raspberrypi Model Bs that seem to be DOA. When I plug in the SD card, Ethernet cable and power, I just get the Red Power LED to light. Nothing else. I have a raspberrypi A that works fine....
18
18

Have rtl-sdr and xpsa spectrum analyzer working on raspberry pi
Have rtl-sdr and xpsa spectrum analyzer working on raspberry pi: That is a spectrum of a FM radio station.. xpsa is here: That also means I have latest xforms (libforms) working, plus rtl_fm, and also...

f2fs + Kernel >=3.8.x?
Hello, I was wondering if anybody already uses f2fs on Raspberry Pi. This should be easy enough using a Kernel >= 3.8 and an ordinary Linux machine with a cardreader and f2fs support: * Backup ext4...
1
1

Deutsche Welle news article on Raspberry Pi - "Raspberry Pi and the new computer science kids"
9 Computer science is coming back to UK schools. Google and the Raspberry Pi Foundation are distributing 15,000 free computers and hope to create a new generation of computer scientists. At a computer...
165
165

RasPi power requirements overstated?
The Pi has 2 test point - TP! and TP2. They're connected to the 5V supply. As long as this is above about 4.75v you'll probably be OK. Don't overclock. I've not tried. Not going to waste my time...
45
45

About the Pi and the par port..... some things that work here, my first posting here...t
========== Your published info in excellent! These days I've only got access to a DMM and solder iron: for the ParPort cable's ends to a rPi header-socket. No PCB & ICs please. == So since the...
3
3

Apple IIe Aztec C65 and Related Apple IIe Programming Posts Coming Soon to Raspeberry Pie
Some of us would argue that you misspelled "Apple ][e" as well, but that's being needlessly pedantic! 8-) (From left to right, the computers on my desk are a G4 Macintosh, a Raspberry Pi, and an Apple...
7
7