Where to buy replacement LCD panels for TVs..

I got a question for everyone... I'm trying to locate a replacement LCD panel for a RCA L42WD22. Had a kid take a toy hammer to the screen and now it looks pretty ... cracked.. The backlighting still works.. Anyone got a place I can order one.. Thanks!

-Ron

Reply to
Ronald

If you can find it as a replacement part, it will cost as much as - or more than the cost to replace the TV. Even if it had failed from a defect while it was under warranty, the manufacturer would have replaced the whole TV, rather than order a replacement panel, pay to package and ship the part, and pay for the labor required to replace it. (An LCD panel by itself is very fragile) So... consider this TV a total loss. If you're lucky you can sell it to someone who can use the other parts on that famous auction website.

Reply to
Mike S

Easier to get a new kid I'd think. And may work better too.

Reply to
PeterD

PeterD wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

reminds me of when my next door neighbor got their kid a toy tool kit with hammer and a REAL saw;he and I went to "work" on my dad's 14 ft boat,then the next day,he sawed their TV almost in half(old wood console TV). That was the end of the tool kit.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Nahh. It's hard to get kids to work; and besides, they're too small to get much out of them anyway. The only thing they're really good for is getting into small places that an adult can't access: like sewer pipes and such. (Tie a rope to a foot to ensure reliable extraction.)

Better to sell the kid...much better return.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert