what is the best diagnostic card for notebook computer?

I find this at

diagnostic card for notebook computer

Reply to
LPC2106

According to the web site, none of them actually do anything. Apparently they just sit on the laptop keyboard and read out random numbers. Don't waste your money.

Without a standard CPU bus, how would you build a diagnostic card for lapt> I find this at

Reply to
Mike Berger

Isn't PCMCIA essentially an ISA bus? I suppose a diagnostic card could be made, but laptops are not particularly modular, I've always found it easier to just remove any accessories, swap the RAM out, if it's still acting up then the problem is likely the motherboard in which case there's not much that can be done.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Mike Berger