how would i connect output from a (used) timing loght pickup (automobile) to my sound card?

I'm looking at using a free software scope to watch the spark patterns fromthe distributor. I always felt that told me a lot about my ignition. I'll find a cheapold computer to use--maybe an old notebook with a sound card. TIA Georg

Reply to
GEORGE S JAYNES

On Sat, 21 May 2005 03:26:47 GMT, "GEORGE S JAYNES" wroth:

A Google search will turn up several of the usual suspects for the software.

If I wanted to scope my auto ignition, I'd go to eBay and pick up a used scope. Almost any of the cheap "service" types like B&K would do the job. The prices are often less than a cheap used laptop.

A 12 volt to 115 volt inverter, also cheap, would allow you to scope without an extension cord.

Jim

Reply to
James Meyer