what is the different between computer minotor & TV

hi , friends I would like to know what I need to used the computer monitor as a TV. is it right if I get a TV tuner how I could connect the TV tuner to the monitor cable

is this possible& easy to do ?

any help plz yar

Reply to
st_yar

You can get a card for your computer that will tune tv stations and put output on the computer monitor but the computer monitor inputs are not directly compatible with a standard TV tuner.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Hollands

  1. Get a PC
  2. Connect the PC to the monitor (this is of course obvious)
  3. Install TV tuner on/inside PC

If you're serious about watching TV on your PC then I'd suggest getting a TV tuner with some sort of IR remote control. Otherwise you'd have to use your mouse to change channels.

The advantages of this set-up are:

- you can record shows to your hard disk

- you can watch TV in a small window while you work (this never works for me as the TV distracts me from actually doing work).

- you can save space

The disadvantages:

- a PC uses up far more electricity than a TV

- you'd actually need to boot to watch TV (real TVs are instant-on)

- after booting you'll still need to use the mouse to start the TV application

Reply to
slebetman

In one case you lean forward in the other case you lean back

Reply to
Dave but not "Dave"