Universal pcb for television sets?

Fantasy Island?

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I am here in africa and a tv repair guy "converts" tv sets with a brand new circuit board. He makes a new tv from any old tv. Sometimes he has to modify the board but sometimes he can just plug and play the pcb. I have never seen this, where can i get such pcb's? Thanks

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Reply to
ann murphy

Doing something like that in the US would leave you open to all kinds of lawsuits. There used to ber a lot of surplus TV and radio chassis available surplus in the US, but here was so much variation between designs that it was too time consuming to adapt anything. On the other hand, a new chassis for 10 or 15 dollars was a gold mine of parts. i fixed and sold a lot of TVs and radios as kid using surplus parts. With today's designs I could end up in jail by substituting some parts, and having something go wrong.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida