Need a D-Board for KP-53HS10 Sony projection tv

Hi, my tv died this weekend and have been told I need a new d-board. I am looking for the best source for one of these. Any help appreciated. I have seen two different part numbers A1346873A or A1346993A and am not sure which one I need.

Thanks, Tracy

Reply to
mrswells

Hi, my tv died this weekend and have been told I need a new d-board. I am looking for the best source for one of these. Any help appreciated. I have seen two different part numbers A1346873A or A1346993A and am not sure which one I need.

Thanks, Tracy

Reply to
mrswells

D board is no longer available. The set needs troubleshot and repaired to the component level. Time to call a qualified and preferably Sony trained or other well experienced servicer for your model.

Reply to
dkuhajda

You don't *need* a D board, you need to have a real technician fix your TV, not a board swapper. This model is fairly straightforward to repair and the parts cost is reasonable.

John

Reply to
John-Del

And even if it were available, the cost would be outrageous. Sometimes a factory repair shop will swap a board for a set that is still under warranty, otherwise the solution if for a qualified tech to repair the board. He or she will troubleshoot your TV down to the component level, and replace the bad components on your D-Board. Another reason not to just swap boards: There can be bad components on one or more other boards in your TV. If you just replace one board without checking for shorts on other boards, bad CRTs, leaking coolant, and several other tests, the New D-Board may go up in smoke the moment the TV is powered on, destroying an expensive board and costing you more than double for the repair.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver