AOC monitor

Picked up off ebay, had a burned 5V regulator, i fixed that and now i see the picture but very dim. Failed bulb or inverter or is there more going on? Any tips?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Try posting on alt.rec.psychic they may have a clairvoyant who can tell what model!

Reply to
ian field

Another loser reply, you know just as much as i that there are general problems with lcd monitors. I'm not asking for model related information. aol user?

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Well I didn't see anywhere you said it was an lcd. I just assumed that it was a CRT as I'm sure that Ian Fields did...

Now we know that it is a TFT monitor that helps alot since before I was going to say it was probably a weak picture tube.

Usually a dim picture is because of aging backlights. This isn't always the case though. You should disassemble the TFT screen and see if the ccfl lamps are good and bright or if they are dim. I personally have an old viewsonic vp140 LCD monitor with a dim picture, but it is not from the backlights (replaced them). Oddly enough the screen appears to be aged or damaged somehow to make it very dark. Possibly exposure to sunlight???

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

The pic isn't just dim, i mistook the startup from the lcd as a dim picture, but i think either the inverter gets no power or is bad. I found and replaced a 5v regulator on the pcb but before that the monitor was dead, now a fain no signal warning can be seen. Any way to find out which wires supply power to the inverter, as well the output has 4 sets of wires, are there 4 backlight ccf's? If i can't repair this one i will salvage him to make a homebrew beamer, done it before with an old tft screen.

the

lamps

Reply to
Bart Bervoets
*cough* Well what model is it? That could be useful in telling you what the pinout for the inverte is, or better yet what model inverter is it?

Reply to
Michael Kennedy