Pioneer VSX-808RDS volume repair

I have a five years old Pioneer VSX-808RDS receiver. The volume control on the receiver is not working anymore. If I turn the knob to lower the volume, the volume increases. The overall response to the knob turning is erratic. A friend told me the pulse gauge/detector (whatever the name is in English) for the volume knob had malfunctioned and that it is pretty common.

I'm wondering if someone here has had the same problem and if it is possible to buy a new pulse gauge to replace the broken one.

And how do I remove the volume knob from the receiver? I've tried before, but couldn't work it out.

Reply to
Johan Stensson

ASX7004 is the part number of the volume encoder. Usually one would remove the front panel, then probably desolder the control before removing the circuit board from the front panel. Sometimes the knob can be pushed off from behind, if you can't pull it from the front. There will be a shaft-nut or a couple screws under the knob holding the encoder to the front panel.

AAB7179 is the part number for the knob if it should get damaged in the process.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias