Sony TV KV27TS32 with funny picture, sounds great

My Sony KV27TS32 the other day displayed a funny picture, turning it off and on restored the picture for about 2 mins. The sound is still working correctly. I took a picture to better explain this. Is the tube gone? http://130.65.112.148/kv27ts32.jpg

A bit of history of this TV. I changed the 3 trans and resistor on the powersupply about 3 months ago.

Thanks everyone for your help! Kenny

Reply to
skype

Resolder the Posistor...Its the Black Cube on Powerboard.

Reply to
kip

kip, Thanks for your response. I resolder what I think is the posistor. No luck. :( http://130.65.112.148/kv27ts32posistor.JPG Is the black box with the red arrow pointing to it the posistor? Thanks! Kenny

Reply to
skype

Yes that is the Posistor... Has the TV been dropped ???

Reply to
kip

nope.. never been dropped. any chance the posistor is fried? Do I need a new posistor? thx

Reply to
skype

anyone have any more suggestions before i throw this set away? as always thanks for all the great help here. Kenny

Reply to
skype

Check the resistance of the degauss coil... maybe its open.

When you first turn on the TV do you hear the degauss energize ?

Reply to
kip

anyone have any more suggestions before i throw this set away? as always thanks for all the great help here. Kenny

Reply to
skype

Read what was sent to you.............

Reply to
kip

Sorry for the double post, I refreshed the page on accident.

I don't know where to check the resistance of the degauss coil. I know nothing about TV sets, I thought i just give it a try with my little knowledge on electronics.

I do hear it energize. It makes the same sounds as it did before it stopped working. Only now I get the funny red, green, blue swirls.

Thanks again!

Reply to
skype

Ok Then sounds like the CRT is Bad.....Going by the Photo.

Reply to
kip

tapping on the side of the set restored the picture. I opened it the set and lifting the side where the posistor is restores the pictures. If I lift up and hold the board the picture is perfect. Looks like a bad connection somewhere, resoldered all the joints but still a bad connection somewhere. :( any thoughts?

Reply to
skype

here is a video of what the set is doing. http://130.65.112.148/sony.zip thanks for looking! Kenny

Reply to
skype

resoldered the IC501 and IC606 chips and it is working great again. Thanks for your help kip. Kenny

Reply to
skype

Hey !! Glad you up and running..

Reply to