Sony SLV920HF Help

I have a Sony SLV920HF VCR that has a cracked gear. The gear drives the posts that wrap the tape around the drum. I need to get access to the bottom of the transport to replace it.

Do I need to remove the transport from the top? Or should I try and remove the circuit board below it, from the bottom?

TIA

Reply to
gtom03

Most Sony's I've seen with this mech, the circuit board is removed from under neath - but on this one, a center drive model, the mech is removed from the top. Other stuff needs to come off first, as I recall. The front panel circuit boards, the tape preamp board, the cassette carriage, maybe some other stuff.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Thanks for the tip!