Sharp R-1410A R1410A R1410 Microwave Oven dismounting removal instructions

This is a google bread crumb. Since I just spent a day solving this problem, I'll leave this for others.

To remove the Sharp model R-1410A from it's wall bracket, you will need a Phillips screwdriver and someone strong to help you.

  1. Look under the oven, in the open slots on each side. You will see a vertical control arm on each side, anchored with a Phillips screw.

  1. Remove the screws from each arm.

  2. Have your assistant stand in front of the oven, holding both sides. It will help if (s)he pushes the top in slightly.

  1. Take the control arms you just released in step 2, and pull them both down as far as they'll go. This will free the retaining levers that are holding the top of the microwave to the mounting plate.

  2. Your assistant should now be able to tilt the oven toward him/her, with the bottom edge of the mounting plate serving as a hinge.

  1. After tilting the top of the over away from the wall, your assistant can lift the bottom edge of the microwave free of the mounting bracket at the bottom. It's a good idea to be out from under it before (s)he tries this, because this oven is very heavy. Better yet, grab one side and let him/her take the other. Put the oven down. Order pizza.

I hope this helps some weary Internaut some day. I wish someone had done it for me. Pay it forward.

Bill (Filter QRM for direct replies)

Reply to
Bill Horne

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I stared at this thing for days - no online manuals at sharpusa.com - read your instructions - who would have thought to take off the grease filters and the simple solution would be right under there!

Steve

Reply to
sjwiner

Dear Mr. Horne,

A sincere THANK YOU for your post. Your details and explanation were spot on. I googled "sharp microwave R-1410A" and this was the first link.

I followed your instructions to a T except for the order pizza part. I felt as though thanking you first was more important.

-Chris in Massachusetts

Reply to
chrisdac

Reply to
johnanita1950

Thanks for the tip. Pulling the control arms solved the mystery. Sharp directions for installation gave no clue for removal.

I found it helpful to remove the stove first. That made it easier to support the microwave for removal.

Reply to
ok1wire

Wish I had found this about an hour earlier but thanks!

Reply to
daniel.m.easa