SLV-N750 Sony VCR Part Loose

I was playing a tape and it got jammed. When I pulled it out, a part came loose and now I can't find where it goes. Can anyone help with this part location ? It's in tact, not broken.

Reply to
genecarter2

Part says TE4-2 POM

Reply to
genecarter2

Any chance you can post a picture of the part? That would help a bit.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 3:54:05 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wr ote:

rote:

came loose and now I can't find where it goes. Can anyone help with this part location ? It's in tact, not broken.

Dan, I don't see any place to post pictures. I do have 3 I can but don't know where to upload them ? I just posted a video on my YouTube channel th at shows what the VCR is doing and where the part that came out is. I put it back as best as I could identify its location near the head. Here's the link for my video if you might could help me.

h?v=4WB1aGLKXo8

Reply to
a C K O Tele-Radio Channel

rt came loose and now I can't find where it goes. Can anyone help with thi s part location ? It's in tact, not broken.

t know where to upload them ? I just posted a video on my YouTube channel that shows what the VCR is doing and where the part that came out is. I pu t it back as best as I could identify its location near the head. Here's t he link for my video if you might could help me.

tch?v=4WB1aGLKXo8

If it was near the head it just might be the head cleaner arm - it might ha ve snagged when you extracted your jammed tape. Not needed if that's what it is.

Reply to
John-Del

.

n't know where to upload them ? I just posted a video on my YouTube channe l that shows what the VCR is doing and where the part that came out is. I put it back as best as I could identify its location near the head. Here's the link for my video if you might could help me.

watch?v=4WB1aGLKXo8

have snagged when you extracted your jammed tape. Not needed if that's wha t it is.

Just saw your youtube.. Yep, it's the head cleaner arm. Not needed to run.

Reply to
John-Del

I don't normally do this but - that VCR is not a Sony and it is a piece of shit. I think the really last good Sony VCRs were like the SLV920HF, and I have one, and the SLV100HF. they do things right, they don't put the rubber pinch roller on the oxide side of the tape, which was known to be a nono s ince the sales of wire recorders dropped...

It is better to take those head cleaners out, they get dirty and unclean th e heads. Use a coffee filter, place it on the drum and keep it stationary and rotate the upper drum. On the one you'll probably have to remove the dr um motor from the top to do it. Use 91 or 99% isopropyl alcohol. Don't forg et to clean the lower drum as well.

It looked like the head stalled, if so it is an extremely dirty head drum o r tape. That could cause shutdown as well if it is trying to move the tape and doesn't get reel sensor pulses because it is stuck.

The next generation of Sony VHS was like the SLV780HF. Not bad for tape han dling but can be a bitch to work on, in fact I got two of them I suspect th e uProcessors in, but it is too hard to confirm, and I am not changing them anyway. I mean I am NOT changing them, one belongs to my Mother and I am n ot changing them.

Reply to
jurb6006

f shit. I think the really last good Sony VCRs were like the SLV920HF, and I have one, and the SLV100HF. they do things right, they don't put the rubb er pinch roller on the oxide side of the tape, which was known to be a nono since the sales of wire recorders dropped...

the heads. Use a coffee filter, place it on the drum and keep it stationar y and rotate the upper drum. On the one you'll probably have to remove the drum motor from the top to do it. Use 91 or 99% isopropyl alcohol. Don't fo rget to clean the lower drum as well.

or tape. That could cause shutdown as well if it is trying to move the tap e and doesn't get reel sensor pulses because it is stuck.

If you watch the whole video (it's long), you will see the head spin up nor mally later on. It sure looks like the head was still damp from cleaning w hen she attempted to load the tape, sticking the tape to the upper head cyl inder.

Yep, it looks like an Orion transport, but it's been many years since I rea lly played with a VCR. Definitely not a Sony built transport.

I think she broke the heads cleaning them. Once the upper cylinder dried o ff and the tape started to move, she had no signal on her monitor. It's po ssible that the wet upper cylinder may have transferred tape particles to t he head chips and it needs to be cleaned again, but I think she smote them. People who have never cleaned a helical scanned head aren't aware that yo u can break them without even feeling them go.

I left some comments on her youtube video but she probably tossed the machi ne. At the end of her video, she goes into a rant about Sony not supporting an old VHS anymore.

Reply to
John-Del