Prototyping Question -- Ribbon Cable to Wirewrap?

I've got a prototyping problem, and I'm sure there's a neat, fast, and inexpensive way to solve it --- I just haven't discovered it yet.

I have a 14-pin JTAG port (which expects the standard female ribbon cable connector) which I need to wire down to small pads that are in-circuit. Ideally, I'd like to solder wire-wrap gage wire. The standard ribbon cable wires are frail and not very suitable for wiring.

I know I could make a PCB with another 14-pin ribbon connector which goes to 14 individual wirewrap posts, but -- there has to be an easier way.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Chess

Reply to
Chess Saurus

There are male headers that mate with std IDC female connectors on the top that have wire wrap posts on the bottom. An alternative is to replace the

14-pin connector with a 14-pin DIP-form factor IDC part that goes to a standard wire wrap socket.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner