Autos Which side negative?

I have an expensive auto compass with a wire in which both halves are black, but one side is marked with grey or white rectangles. Which one is supposed to be the ground? (I've lost the instructions.)

Thanks

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

Mike Berger

In sci.electronics.repair on Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:13:11 -0500 Mike Berger posted:

Funny, but no. ;) But Someone gave me a good answer.