Fixing a Thomas and Betts Self-adjusting Wire Stripper.

Does anyone have a Thomas and Betts Self-adjusting Wire Stripper?

I have one that needs repair. It looks like it is a very expensive device, and I'd like to fix it. It does everything but cut through the insulation with the inner jaws.

I'm thinking that what looked like crud between the tops of the teeth and the outside of each jaw was the remains of foam rubber or something that has to be there. Not that it was an empty space that got filled with crud when earlier there was nothing. There are two spaces about 1/16" thick and as almost as wide as the inner jaws.

Does anyone know?

Do you know what would be the appropriate material to stuff in there: foam rubber? rubber pad? hard rubber pad?

Thanks.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman