Which piezo-electric noisemaker?

My digital multimeter uses a piezo-electric thing for a continuity tester, and it has failed. I call it a "thing" because I'm no longer sure if it is a buzzer, diapragm, or some of the other things.

If one is called "externally driven", does that mean it will have 3 wires instead of two?? No pictures are given where that word is used.

Trying to find a replacement. It's quite small. It's like a plate or disk, 22mm in diameter, 4.5mm high. It has two ears for mounting, and on the top there are embossed concentric circles, with a hole in the middle of them, with a copper diaphragm visible through the hole.

At a hamfest I bought one that was the right size, but it has 3 wires instead of 2. I don't know how to make that work. I think I need one with only 2 wires.

My meter is a Circuitmate DM25, fwiw. The original beeper had no part number, but the one I bought is PKM11-6A0 (or O). From looking at catalogs, the eleven should represent a diameter (right?) of 11mm, but in fact, it is 22mm in diameter.

has an enormous variety of stuff. It even has

81-PKM11-6AO, made by Murata, but there are no pictures at the Mouser or Murata websites. Still, I'm sure it has 3 wires and it is probably 11 mm in diameter, if there is such a thing.

Any advice?

** This one is like a dinner plate, 22mm in diameter, with two "ears" with holes for mounting, 4.5mm high, and the top has concentric circles showing in the black plastic with a hole in the middle for the sound.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

Consider the possibility that only two of the connections are functional, with the third there only for registration. I've got some Sonalerts that are apparently like that.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT