repairing speakers

I"ve checked the web and, but haven't seen exactly what I need.

I used to use service cement to repair the paper parts of speakers, but I don't do that much anymore, I only need to do one speaker, and my service cement is gone. IIRC it was like rubber cement, from a stationery store, but I'm not sure I do recall. Is that right, will rubber cement work ok?

A webpage I found said to cut pieces of tissue, like Kleenex, I guess, and soak them in a mixture of Elmer's white glue and water. Beside rips, I have one little hole.



-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to, if necessary.

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

I guess that Elmers white glue is standard PVA ( polyvinylacetate ) glue. If it is, I have used this method to great effect in the past. PVA is also your standard wood glue, although I seem to think that this is yellow in the U.S. - I'm guessing that's where you are. With PVA that starts out in the bottle about the thickness of pouring cream, I water it about 50%, then use bathroom tissue put on in layers, and wetted down with the glue mixture. Do the back of the hole as well if you can get to it.

I have also used silicon rubber sealant ( sanitarywear sealant grade ) in the past, to repair long throw cone suspensions where they have started to split.


Reply to
Arfa Daily

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.