RCA VMT-390 VCR

I have been away from repair too long. Wife's VCR, when set up to record, records about 1 second and then stops. I cleaned the tape path and pinch roller (it was squeeling), but it is still not working and if I remember correctly there is something else that goes wrong to cause this. Any suggestions?

Reply to
harryhomer

Its the belts that are bad, they have stretched out of shape. You should replace all of them. I think there were at least 6 of them.

Reply to
nipperchipper

ld

Thank you; I bought a belt kit from the local electronics store and installed them last night; VCR works great; they were really stretched out of shape; all of them. Even the wife commented it rewinds better now in addition to recording properly.

Reply to
harryhomer