Philips VCR VR6750

I've got a VCR from a friend. He asked me if I can look at it. When I play a tape, the screen is flickering, there is some picture but some rows of white things on the screen.

I do some tests with it, looking around on repairfaq.org but no result. I put the same tape in my own tv/vcr-set. And now this it damaged too ;-( Only sound, but no picture. How can a tape damage my vcr which was working perfectly? I really did nothing wrong. I put the tape in the set, press play and hear some noise (tape too heavy maybe??) and voila, damaged.

Who has had this before??

Thanks anyway

Reply to
M van Eijk

your friends vcr has probably a bad pinch roller - this crinkles up the tape and causes the oxide to flake off, clogging the heads on whatever it is then played on.

I would get a new-ish 3 or 4 hour tape and leave it playing to the end in your tv-vcr. that will remove mild clogs due to the natural abrasive action of the tape. If not, you'll need to clean the heads manually with chamois and alcohol as per the FAQ.

As th the vcr of your friend,it uses the turbo deck. Those pinch rollers failed very quickly and will all need replacing by now. last one I ordered was Molgar PR062 quite easy to fit.

-B.

Hi

Thanks for the answer. The pinch roller is already ordered ;-)

Have a nice day!

"b" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
M van Eijk

lets hope that solves it, if not post back and we'll take it from there! B.

Hmmm the roller was delivered absolutely fast. I replace it.

There were no wrinkles after the roller, so that part is solved by now. But the rows in my screen still have lots of fun there ;-(

I play around in my vcr for a while. I discovered that if I give the Takeup Side roller guide a little push when a tape is in, the picture becomes perfect!

When the tape is loaded, I can hear a little from the gears which are driving the slide rollers.

So: can it be that the roller guide is not exactly in its position? Caused by a fault in the gear-things?

Think I'm close to the solution now, but a little help will be appreciated ;-)

Reply to
M van Eijk

M van Eijk ha escrito:

you are almost certainly correct - you will need to check the mech driving the roller guides, look for cracked gears, teeth missing etc. download the manual from eserviceinfo. unfortunately tyhr turbo deck used a lot of plastic, theyre not the most robust things ever made :-(

i had one turbo deck where the toothed gear driving one of the roller guide arms had broken off its spindle. in fact the whole spindle had snapped off the deck! I ended up using a thin screw to remount it. deck still works today, 3 years on...!

-b

Hmm I've got now another - real - challange.

I was looking at the gears, put in a tape in which I has made a window so I can look through it. The vcr doesn't like that I think. It began a little dance, forward, backward, forward, backward. I hear a lot of cracks hehehe, and now I can re-initialise the mechanics :-(

Glad I order a service-manual ;-)

"b" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
M van Eijk