Sony SLV-900HF VCR

I have a Sony SLV-900HF VCR where the pinch roller has worn out. ANyone know where I can get replacement parts? Thanks.

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Daniel Rudy

Get in touch with Sony parts, or one of their parts dealers. We used to get a kit from Sony that consisted of the pinch roller, idler wheel, head cleaner sponge, and the belts.These are all standard wear parts that should be changed during the general maintenance.

You will probably find that for VCR's replacement parts are starting to become difficult to obtain. Many of the manufactures are no longer supporting VCR servicing.

--
JANA
_____
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
JANA

A new pinch roller should probably be available - but my experience has been that a new one may actually work worse than the old one - they can be that finicky, in combination with the capstan wear factor.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

If you can't find a replacement, there are rubber reconditioning chemicals available, might be worth a shot.

Reply to
Mr. Land

Mark Yes... you are quite correct with your response. If the capstan bearings are worn, loading arms and guides are worn or bent, tensions are not correct, etc, etc..... a new pinch roller may not solve all the undisclosed problems that the OP did not mention.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
sofie

MCM electronics has a large selection of pinch rollers. They may even have the original part.

Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

At about the time of 2/15/2006 8:26 AM, Mr. Land stated the following:

I did eventually find the part and order a replacement. We will see how that works.

I did try the rubber rejuvenator and it worked, for about a week. The problem is that the VCR curls one edge of the tape. As the tape is pulled through the deck, it seems that the pinch roller isn't grabbing it very well.