Mitsubishi VCR HS-U748 pinch roller

Can not find a pinch roller. Contacted a local Mitsubishi dealer and it is special order $35. Also, lots of them found on Internet but not for the HS-U748. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Reply to
Gail Storm

If it's not to soft, use fine sandpaper to repair the finish going with the direction of tape travel, then quickly clean firmly with acetone. Works great. Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Gail Storm: It is probably a broken plastic guide on the pinch roller assembly and not bad rubber.... this is a high failure part on most Mitz VCRs that use this part. You might try another supplier like TriTronics or Fulton Radio.... go to thier websites and/or call them.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

Thanks Rono. I did clean the part with sandpaper and it is working now. I would be nervous to use acetone. That doesn't harm the rubber?

And thank you sofie. The plastic guide is OK it was the rubber part. Heavy use for about 4 years and it would record OK but horizontal lines on play back. Cleaned up pinch roller and it works again. Don't know how long it will work so I am looking for a replacement part. The two web sites were unknown to me. I will give them a try. I appreciate the help.

Reply to
Gail Storm