Please help with 2SC2331 identification

I've been given a broken Samsung TV, model TV-686ST. On the neck board is a burnt transistor, QV07, a 2SC2331. The board is SCT12B.

My problem is, the data sheets I find show the 2SC2331 as a 100V 2A TO-220 while my part is a TO-92MOD which drives a 2SC2344 and 2SA1011 pair.

Should I go ahead and use the TO-220 and also what is the value of the emitter resistor? It looks like it was a 120 ohm 2 or more watts.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Gordon

PS I've traced the cct and can post on abse if that would help.

PPS I used to have a repair site that gave, model, fault, repair. Anyone know of one?

Reply to
Gordon W

Undoubtably a KSC2331, a Korean type. If the specs match you're still OK, but the basing is opposite.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Thanks Mark. That should do the trick. Never thought of KSC. Tunnel vision :o(

Thanks again

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon W