My Samsung CTV only has half a picture

It's a Samsung TV-686 with a SCT12B board.

Good picture on the bottom half, retrace on the top, bright line in the centre.

While all I've read suggests the TDA8350 vert o/p chip is the usual culprit I found the signal on pin 47 of the TDA8375 to be as advertised in the spec sheet but on pin 46 there was only the DC bias level.

New TDA8375, same problem.

Before investing in a TDA8350 I thought it would be a good idea to put up what I've found and ask for your help.

Apart from the missing input to pin 2, I've got 45Vfb on pin 8 and 16Vp on pin 4 and less than ideal waveshapes on the output pins 5 and 9. The same waveshapes at the yoke. Checking the components between the TDA8375 and the yoke didn't ring any alarm bells.

I'd be grateful for any help you can give.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon W

Start by verifying the ESR on the caps that are in the circuit for the vertical amp and vertical generator area.

In these sets, it is very common to have failed capacitors.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Thanks for the reply Jerry G. No circuit diagram but my tracing came up with 3 electrolytics on the power rails to the vertical amp and they ESR'd OK. No capacitor checker for the little ones so I might do some substitution around the vert generator.

Anything else you could think of would be appreciated.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon W