Zenith SR3273DT Problem Please Help

I recently moved my TV myself to my new place and when i hooked it up to directv I found that the color has been messed up. Its hard to describe but i feel like i'm seeing more greens than i should and other colors also appear messed up. I adjusted the settings on the menu of the set but cant come up with anything that looks like its supposed to. Is there any way to fix this myself? the tv was made in 1995 so I know its old but we had it serviced a few years when it had that vertical collapse problem so i'd like to keep it for a little while longer.

thanks

Reply to
patmac531

Does the picture look like this? If so, your degaussing thermistor has broken off it's legs. Otherwise, the picture tube could be bad, & Zeniths are known for bad tubes. You can boost it though, at a repair shop. Dani.

Dani

That definitely looks worse than my tv. It kinda will flicker back to correct coloring for about 10 seconds every minute or so and then go back to more of a green hue. Basically I was hoping someone was gonna tell me i just need to open the tv and reconnect or solder some wire.

Reply to
patmac531

If the entire picture is tinted the evenly (not a tie-dye effect like that picture), then it's probably bad soldering in the video output circuit. Moving the set probably caused the failing connections to act up now. If you can identify and repair bad solder connections, you should be able to fix it yourself. The bad connections are probably on the small board that plugs into the end of the CRT's neck. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe