Sony CD player

I am trying to fix my wife's portable CD player (again). It is a Sony D-ES51 and it comes up with the error "no disk" and it doesn't play. I replaced the flex circuit a year ago to repair another problem, so I am not sure what is causing this error unless the reader and/or motor has gone bad. Any idea? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Michael Fiedler

lazer maybe worn.

Reply to
crazy frog

Usually this type of fault is from the laser, or a bad ribbon cable, or the connection of the ribbon cable is bad. The laser is not feasible to change, and would require specialized tools and setup to calibrate.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

I assume you did clean the lens!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anyth> Usually this type of fault is from the laser, or a bad ribbon cable, or the

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Reply to
Michael Fiedler