Samsung CX-6840W

Hello I have a CRT TV (about 8 years old) model Samsung CX-6840W. This ceased to work few days ago. In an evening, it first made a few sparkling noises, and then stopped reacting to the remote. I switched it off, then tried on and since then it seems died.

I oped it up and I can see on the main board on the crt left side (power supply section) a resistor completly burnt R827. Also there is an IC IC801 STR 6709 (which is directly close to the resistor) a bit on the smoky side (but not burnt).

I cannot find any schematic for this TV. Could anyone help with it? What resistance would you suggest to put there? THe old one is litterally burnt, so I cannot see its value and do not have the schematic of the TV. I looked on the web and samsung web site but cannot find anything! If you can help, please do so!

Gianni

Reply to
gianni

On 28 Aug 2005 14:24:46 -0700, "gianni" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Does this help?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar