Pioneer CDJ lasers / UK

Hi,

can anyone in the UK tell me what part number/where to get laser assemblies for the Pioneer CDJ range of CD players?

Pioneer won't help me because I'm not an Authorised Service Centre. CPC say they only have a few Pioneer part numbers on their system so those are all they can sell me. SEME don't seem to have anything in their ojnline parts list for the CDJ's.

Pioneer also told me that only Authorisd Service Centres can fit new lasers because they need firmware updates. Is this correct? I'm somewhat skeptical.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

what's the reference off the optical block? I'm in Europe and buy my laser asslys. from Molgar. ETCO also do them.

-B

Hi, there wasn't any reference until I noticed a part number moulded into the plastic laser assembly. This one (CJD 800) is a Sanyo part, which I have now found a supplier for. Further Googling shows they sometimes use Sony assemblies, so I guess its a case of see what's inside them as they come in.

Because I couldn't at first identify the assembly, I thought that perhaps Pioneer had custom built lasers, but now I just think they use off the shelf parts like everyone else.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Oh, and here's one at an astronomically inflated price!!!

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis