transistor CCS9018E105

As read around the barrel, one gap only between 5 and C

from someone's cherished 1960s Japanese radio. Only a signal one , probably Si in otherwise mixed Si/Ge. Form like 3 pin version of TO105 or TO107 , black dome, brown barrel, slightly "D" plan view. Italic lower case f logo on other similar transistors, Fujitsu logo of that time?

N Cook

Fairchild might be the manufacturer.

Reply to
JW

E105 either FET or switching transistor are of that package type of that time, but I doubt would be in 1960s 6 transistor radio. Will explore more tomorrow.

Reply to
N Cook

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:58:32 +0100, "N Cook" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't know the significance of the "105" suffix, but ...

CCS9018E crosses to an NTE123AP:

CCS9018F crosses to an NTE108:

CCS9018H924 crosses to an NTE161:

According to this site ...

... an ECG123AP replaces a 2N4401 or MPSA06.

I'd be very careful of the above substitutions. I can't understand why there is such a massive difference in ratings between the various suffixes. Even stranger are the results of an NTE search for similar looking part numbers.

To see what I mean, try searching for *9018* or *9018E* or *S9108* at ...

$$Search?OpenForm

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

probably

I did find data for CS9018E which was National Semiconductor TO92 package.

Looks like suck-it-and-see.

Had another look for italic f logo but nothing found on that. Fairchild always seems to have always had upper and lower line and Fujitsu an infiniti or something over the name.

N Cook

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:12:18 +0100, "N Cook" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Fujitsu has the upper and lower lines, Fairchild has the lower case italic "f".

See

BTW, access to the logos on your web site is "403 Forbidden".

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Google "SS9018" and see if the general type makes any sense for its position in the set.

Reply to
ian field

Did it look something like this?

Jerry