Service manauls for vintage Pioneer LD Players?

Hi:

I'm looking for original service manuals or good scans of service manuals for early '80s helium-neon laser-based Pioneer LaserDisc players including the LD-660, LD-1100, PR-8210, and so forth. I am aware of some Web sites like the Dragan's Lair Project

which have PDFs for download but the diagrams and schematics of those are not even barely legible. The LaserDisc UK Web site
seems to have similar scans.

There are also commercial sites like Stereo Manuals

that have original manuals in good condition but I can't justify the prices just for my curiosity. I can't tell from some of the other manaul suppliers if what they charge for is any different than the Dragon's Lair manuals, above.

Anything I obtain would be for information purposes and would not be made public without permission.

Thanks!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

The Pioneer LD-660, LD-1100, PR-8210, Magnavox VH-8010 and Sylvania VP-7200 are all based on the same Pioneer assemblies.

Phillips (for the Magnavox and Sylvania units) only have photocopies of the manuals (or at least they did about 10 years ago when I purchased mine), but I do not think it's complete.

Pioneer used to have the main portion of the manuals (one for each player) through their parts department, but there is a supplemental portion of the manual (the same part number for all three models) that is out of print and I've been unable to find it in 10 years of looking.

Bla>Hi:

Blaine snipped-for-privacy@oz.net

Blaine Young

for

condition

is

in the

What sort of dimensions were the He-Ne lasing tubes in these m/cs ? Just curious

Reply to
N Cook