Orion TV/VCR TVCR1921A Won't Accept Tape

Hi,

I have an Orion TV/VCR combo model TVCR1921A (mfg 9/97) in my shop. It won't accept a tape. I replaced the belt (loader) which was slipping, but the problem remains. The loading motor will rotate in one direction (loading direction) briefly, then reverse. If the TU end sensor or IR beam source was the problem, the loading motor would not rotate at all since pushing in a cassette "breaks" the beam.

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Oxidized mode switch is a common problem. If the cpu doesn't see a state change quick enough, it times-out and backs up to unload mode. I have good luck cleaning with methanol and a fiberglass brush, then lubricating with a light film of antioxidant oil like de-ox-it.

There's also a power supply problem that can cause this. If too much sag or ripple happens when the load> I have an Orion TV/VCR combo model TVCR1921A (mfg 9/97) in my

Reply to
Bill S

Brad: As the other two replies have mentioned, I would bet a dime to a doughnut that the problem is a dirty mode switch.... and/or slipping, stretched and worn loading belts. electricitym

- -

Brad wrote:

Reply to
electricitym