Servicing a TV/VCR Combo without VCR

Hi,

I have a Panasonic TV/VCR PVQ-2511 (mfg 07/01) in my shop with no color problem (good B&W picture). What I would like to know, is there a way to service the "mother" board (scoping the printed circuit side) without the VCR connected?

In order to scope the traces, I have to remove the board from it's "holder", which is the holder/support for the VCR.

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Hi are you using a scope, Digital or Analogue Meter?. There can be a difference due to the waveform. I am not sure what to expect at flyback frequencies. I am only happy when I get the same voltages as on the circuit diagram (schematic) Andy

Reply to
Andy

Reply to
Andy

Replace the YC jungle chip

Reply to
Ken G.

May be a dumb question, have you tried going into the menus to see if the color is turned down? Kids are great for things like that.

Reply to
Mike W.

Can you remove the crt and scope from the top of the board

Reply to
geno419

I remember that I fixed this problem to replace Y/C Jungle chip small SMD IC on the board.

Reply to
Max