Alba DVD 108 not playing dvds

Hi!I just got this Alba DVD108 given to me!But it doesnt like to play dvds occasionaly.And also only play certain dvds,but cant find a pattern in which ones it likes and dont!Like it plays burnt ones fine,but not originals some times.Its a multiplayer in the sense that it plays mp3,cds and other formats! I tried musicCDs and they work fine no problems,Also jpegs,and other formats like avi seems to work fine Any clues? Oh,just remembered,when it does play DVDs it seem to get stuck a bit in on the DVD,not carrying on freezes like Yours Tom

Reply to
T.J. Wells

No doubt it was given to you precisely because the previous owner was having problems with it.

Most common issue with DVD players is a bad pickup. Sorry. This puts it way out of the range of an economical repair, even if parts are available (which they probably aren't anyway for a cheapie).

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

before you toss the thing , try running a DVD cleaner disk through it..theyre about 10 bucks at Walmart

Reply to
PainintheAmp

They're a waste of 10 bucks too, just pop the cover off the thing and carefully dust off the lense.

Reply to
James Sweet

Or a dollar at the dollar store but still useless and possibly dangerous to your drive.

NSM

PainintheAmp ha escrito:

probably the worst advice you could give is to use a cleaning disc. Reason? THEY DON'T WORK. a q-tip moistened with alcohol or maybe window claening solution is cheaper and 100% more effective.