KV-27exr25 not turning on

I have a 10 year old Kv-27exr20 that isn't working. Cost $1000 new and has been great. I suspect it is in the switch itself, but am not sure. Is this worth saving, or should I just junk it? (I have no background working on these things, but would be willing to try a plug and replace type fix).

Reply to
mizeke

There is no plug and replace kind of fix on any modern consumer electronics. It is highly unlikely it is the switch, the switch in all modern equipment is an input to a system control ic which controls the turning on and off of the tv set. If it also does not turn on with the remote control, it could not be the switch either.

If the picture was still good, it is worth at least taking the tv into an authorized Sony servicer or an independent that is well experienced with Sony (most are not) for an estimate of repair.

Reply to
dkuhajda

.... and/or the HOT, LOPT, and any number of other things too. The television will have to be opened up by a tech and some troubleshooting performed to know for certain. At the very least, the television should be taken to a service shop for a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of Internet or telephone wild guesses.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

has

Reply to
sofie

It's almost never the switch... :-(

If you are just going to junk it, why not donate it to a shop? For a TV like that you may even find a shop that will pay a small amount for it, or if you advertise it in a For Sale magazine, ditto. Keep it out of the landfill if possible.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre