Sylvania (Funai) TV 6420FE Goes Off a Second After Turned On

Hi,

This "TV" doesn't have a "mode switch". This is NOT a TV/VCR combo.

I have a Sylvania (Funai) TV model 6420FE (mfg 01/05) in my shop. Note: I do not have a SM for this set.

The TV goes off about a second after it is turned on. There is HV and the regulated B+ goes to +115V at turn on. There is vertical deflection based on the "buzz" sound I "picked up" near the yoke. I removed the H.O.T. and used a 250 ohm 200W "dummy load" accross the regulated B+ with the same results (TV goes off).

Anyone fix one of these with the same symptom?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Mains switch ? look for any shorted diodes in the vicinty of the LOPTX- could be something drawing excess current. check vertical and rgb lines. Also check any data/clk lines aren't broken - also, the micro or eeprom may be the problem.

-B.