Magnavox TV model RJ5540 AK01, ch 27G1-01AA Won't Turn On

Hi,

I have a Magnavox TV model RJ5540 AK01, chassis 27G1-01AA (mfg 04/89) in my shop that won't turn on. Note: I do not have SM (Photofact 2676). Customer said it was hard to turn on and the problem got worse over time. Now it won't turn on. The reg. B+ goes to 34V at turn on. I replaced C426 10uf 50V which measured low, but that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Hi,

I fixed the problem. C425 100uf 25V 85 deg. was low in capacitance. I replace it with a 105 deg. type.

Now the TV starts up, but I can't change the channels!!! The channel number changes, but not the channels!

Thanks in advance, Brad

Reply to
Brad