Novice needs help with crazy project

--
Then you were under the wrong impression.
Reply to
John Fields

LOL, you make up rules for us to follow and then you don't even
follow them yourself?  That is, you didn't even trim the stuff
below, which has nothing to do with your post.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, hypocrite.
Reply to
John Fields

"jerry" wrote in news:1174227884.949335.233200 @n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

LOL! It doesn't pay to follow somebody who's lost!

OK, a gyroscope mounted on your back. On the beach, you point yourself in the right direction, switch on the gyro and wait for it to rev up to full RPM. Then it will FORCE you to take the correct course, keeping you pointed in exactly the right direction. This will get you to the first marker. The rest... (anyone?)

Or how about this. The marker is hard to see because it's above water, and your face is underwater. So you could dangle a waterproof strobe light a few feet below the marker, something bright enough you can see at a distance. (Of course, all your competitors will see it too, but then you all have the same problem seeing the marker, right?)

Reply to
Jim Land

Which reminds me, a few years ago i remember a case where a company create a product that some one else had a patent on. The product was for a very small and specific market. The person that held the patent for this, heard about it after 2 years of it being used then the legal battle started. In the end. the patent holder didn't get anything other than a large bill from his lawyer. It appears that this person had patents on a lot of different things with no actual material(devices, paper work, documentation ect) etc.. In other words, they simply created patents on idea's only. It was there for decided in court that the patent was invalid, and soon after, the company got a patent for them self's on this product.

I remember a few years ago when i was in a small business of my own, I was told to package a sample of the product we had and mail it to my self but never open it. Do this once a year. and also get a legal patent on record. Because cases like this happen all the time.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Bad advice. Write it up, get someone with understanding to read it and date and sign the report.

--
.
Reply to

--
Bad advice on top of bad advice, dumbfuck.

Read this:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/disdo.html
Reply to
John Fields

To prosecute people who tamper with the CATV physical plant, which was happening LONG before there was any scrambling equipment. I've seen photos were some dumbass hacksawed the shield off the .750" CATV trunkline. Then he connected it directly to his TV set. The high RF levels blew out the RF amp, and the 30 VAC 30 A power supply set the input circuit on fire. Most of the system went down when he opened the shield, so it wasn't very long before the damage was found. Then, the stupid SOB tried to sue the CATV company for the damage to his TV, and not having warning labels that the lines were carrying AC power.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Plonk!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

and a small submarine to go with it.

Marko Ramius

I did that to a neighbor's TV once... lit it off with a KW pumped into a 50' long V-beam on 2-meters ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Thanks - but somehow your post must've gotten messed up. The helpful part seems to be missing.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

So is it written in stone somewhere that contributors to this group have to post in some certain way??

Reply to
Jack

Sorry; it is you that needs to do the checking.

Reply to
Robert Baer

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Jack) wrote in :

you would think soooo .. the way these guys freak out when you top post.

btw .. John Fields, I didnt trim any of the message on purpose just to show you how absurd it looks ... asshole...

Reply to
mojo

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:41:28 GMT, Jonathan Kirwan Gave us:

Most thieves aren't.

Reply to
MassiveProng

The "many years ago" could be the problem ... things have changed in the last few years. Although I hate to use Wikipedia to support a point, the "Research exemption" page does have some good references to read about:

The relevant title can be grabbed from
which makes it very clear that the construction of a patented device infringes the patent: "Except as otherwise provided in this title, whoever without authority makes, uses, offers to sell, or sells any patented invention, within the United States, or imports into the United States any patented invention during the term of the patent therefor, infringes the patent". There are no explicit exemptions in the title itself for research except for specific pharmaceutical-related situations. The more general research exemption (in the US) is originally from the Whittemore v. Cutter case, but this has been significantly narrowed over the years, especially in the last 5 or so.

[...]
--
Michael Brown
Michael Brown

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:51:28 +1200, "Roger Dewhurst" Gave us:

Place the mirror from a simple pair of bicyclist's glasses on his swimming goggles. Done!

Reply to
MassiveProng

You are just upset because not so many hours ago you showed your complete ignorance about chemistry and through your refusal to face the facts demonstrated yourself also to be an obdurate idiot.

Deal with it.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:17:40 GMT, James Sweet Gave us:

Yeah, but you are a dishonorable, zero character thieving twit!

Goddamned gang boy mentality retards!

If you are copying, it has not a damned thing to do with "innovation"

A. G. Bell did NOT invent the telephone. dipshit. He stole it!

MassiveProng

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:20:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (mojo) Gave us:

Lazy fucktard. Get out of Usenet then you retarded f*ck.

Reply to
MassiveProng