Mitsubishi VS50VA2 rolls for the first minute after turn on.

This is the description I got from the customer over the phone. It sounds like it could be a high ESR cap but I don't know. Does anyone know of a definite cause for this symptom on this model? I would like to try to have as much information on this before I attempt an in home repair. Thanks for any advice. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Look for red capacitors by jungle IC.Look here.

Dani

This symptom is typical of the infamous PIP module with the leaky electrolytics. If the corrosion has not become so bad that the board is unrepairable, you can change all of the surface mount caps and clean up the corrosion. If the traces are eaten up or the black corrosion has reached the IC, don't bother. Just bypass it.

The details of the bypass and repairs of the PIP modules can be found in the archives of this group and on the NESDA-Ohio organization site.

There have also been some sets in this chassis series with problems on the 9 and 12 volt lines. Check the caps on those lines.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Concur! This is 99% surely a PIP issue. Bypass that beast!

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

I've done a few PIP bypasses on 27" sets. Is the board used in these projections and the procedure for bypass the same as the 27's? Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Yes. Essentially the same. I think the connectors might be lablelled differently, but we use the same bypass technique.

Note that only a few models of the RPTVs used these. A lot more of the direct view sets did.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet