Sony TV model KV27S46 Shorted Hor. out.

Set came in with "just clicks" complaint. Customer says that it had been cutting off after about 15 minutes for a while until it went out for good. The hor. output a 2SC5426 is shorted . I planned to go over the soldering however I was advised by another tech. that I should also look for a bad cap (he wasn't sure if it was an electrolytic or perhaps a mylar) in the supply circuit as well. Does anyone know if there is any further information on this set? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Thanks for the info. I'll check that out. Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002