Mitsubishi WT42313 no power

The customer said that for the last few weeks the set would not turn off. Then after a recent power surge (he thinks), the set will no longer power on. There is no light on the front panel or relay clicks when trying to start. The only clue if at all is a slight disturbance or dimming I can see momentarily in the overhead shop lights which seems like a normal initial load upon plugging the set in cold. So its not completely dead I guess. Fuses all check good and there are no obvious shorts around the HOT. I have no documentation on this set and I was wondering if anyone knows of any common problems with these or at least if someone could please point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this thing it would be most sincerely appreciated. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Sounds like a bad switching controller, maybe reset or standby regulator. I'd start by troubleshooting the SMPS.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

It turns out that this model has a keyboard lock option. This is normally implemented by pressing a buton on the remote. To unlock you have to hold the menu button in for ten seconds. The really odd think here though is that the customer tells me that he doesn't have a remote and hasn't for some time. Is there any other way you might think of, that this problem might have come about short of two power surges or brownouts perhaps. The first scrambling the micro and putting the set into a state where it would not turn off, and the second or most recent one locking the keyboard? Thanks, Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

One other question. The static convergence needs adjusting. Is the only way to do that with the remote. And I'm assuming that it must be the original remote? Thanks once again. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002