Proscan model PS27125, Chassis CTC197BB "snaps"

This set came in with a complaint that it "snaps". I plugged it in and tried it and heard the Power relay click three or four times and noted that the HV tried to start up three or four times as well. It then gave up. Pressing the power button again yielded the same results. I pulled the chassis and found a few bad solder joints particularly the ground terminal on the flyback. Resoldering everything suspicious did not have any affect. Does this symptom on this set sound like anything common? Thanks for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics. Proscan model PS27125, Chassis CTC197BB

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Bad flyback? Pull it and test it.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I tried the coil resoldering first and that didn't do the trick so I then pulled the HOT and the sound did come on, so I'm suspecting the flyback. The problem is that this part is on national back order since July. There is a sub available through several distributors but I'm wary of subs and these don't come with the two parts that are apparently necessary to replace along with the fly. Has anyone used these subs with any success before? I don't know which two parts are in question. Should I take a chance with a sub and then try to replace the two parts with generics? I hate to let the job go but I surely don't want to get burned either. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Have you tried.

"Premier Electronic Parts Inc" Tel: 416-707-9642 Fax: 905-707-1901

They sell original RCA, Samsung and Sanyo flybacks at reasonable prices. (Sony repair kits at Can $19.90)

Good Luck

Reply to
Do Little2