How to tune a Sony KV-21XMTU

Hi,

I have inherited a Sony KV-21XMTU but I dont have the remote control. Does anyone know how I can tune it - at the moment I can get it to tune but cannot store the setting as a channel number.

Also, how do I get to AV mode?

Is there anywhere online that has a instruction manual? I did a search on google but the only links I could find returned 404 errors.

Any help is much appreciated ;) Cheers squelch41

Reply to
squelch41

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Chassis Sony AE-1. I guess you have to purchase the remote... the tuning can be made by OSD Menu, which include searching, stornig and moving channels...

Reply to
Fulcro

Hello, Fulcro! You wrote on Fri, 8 Jul 2005 15:09:40 +0200:

F> ha scritto nel messaggio F> news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ??>> Hi, ??>>

??>> I have inherited a Sony KV-21XMTU but I dont have the remote control. ??>> Does anyone know how I can tune it - at the moment I can get it to ??>> tune but cannot store the setting as a channel number. ??>>

??>> Also, how do I get to AV mode? ??>>

??>> Is there anywhere online that has a instruction manual? I did a search ??>> on google but the only links I could find returned 404 errors.

Have you tried searching eBay for a replacement remote? they often have used specific remotes quite cheap.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
3T39

Does anyone know the remote control model number?

Reply to
squelch41

You NEED the original factory remote. There is no other way. If you get a universal remote for your set, you will only be able to the basic functions.

The original remote can be ordered from any of the authorized Sony parts distributors.

--

JANA _____

I have inherited a Sony KV-21XMTU but I dont have the remote control. Does anyone know how I can tune it - at the moment I can get it to tune but cannot store the setting as a channel number.

Also, how do I get to AV mode?

Is there anywhere online that has a instruction manual? I did a search on google but the only links I could find returned 404 errors.

Any help is much appreciated ;) Cheers squelch41

Reply to
JANA

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Quote correctly, please. The original handset is surely most expensive.... You can also buy a dedicated remote, specifing model or brand of your TV. As already adviced, most of the universal remote cannot be used in other than basic function, thus is not sure they allow you to tune your TV...

Reply to
Fulcro

If any one knows the model number of the remote, then I could look for one on ebay.

Reply to
squelch41