Hitachi 43FDX01B Picture convergence problem

Can anyone assist. This rear projection set is about 4 years old. Suddenly this morning, after only having been on a very short time, several minutes, the screen changed. The upper 1/3 of the picture is now shadowing the images presented, and the color is somewhat distorted. Rick

Reply to
rbumeter

Beyond making sure the mirror did not fall out of position in the rear of the set, the only thing that needs done is to troubleshoot and repair the convergence circuitry. It could be the outputs, power supply, or digital convergence module causing the problem.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Thank you for the reply. I am guessing I need special equipment to do that kind of testing? Would you recommend just contacting a service to come and check it out or is this something I can do some basic troubleshooting on myself?

Reply to
rbumeter

No...don't even open it. The set needs repair to the convergence circuit.

Go to

and look up a servicer in your area.

Or check on Hitachi's site

for a authorized servicer.