Projection TV - only shows picture in Red - HELP

I have a Samsung HCM553W rear projection TV that is only showing the picture in red.

I took the screen off and I can see all 3 color guns, Green, Blue and Red.

All 3 are lit up, but only the Red on has a picture in it.

The other 2 are just lit green and blue.

It looks like they are not getting a video signal.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

direct snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Bill

So since all three crts are equal in output but ony the red has a video signal you have red picture content atop a normal raster?

I know of a few Samsung common problems but not this. Doesn't appear to be something that would require anything besides some standard tv repair tools and test instruments and a print with some test signals/voltages at key locations.

Reply to
Meat Plow

What's the video source? External component? Perhaps the G and B cables have come unplugged. Or someone's kid could have been screwing with the DVD remote and cranked the G and B levels to zero.

If its using an internal source (tuner), there could be a loose connector or board inside. Has the set been moved recently?

If its not that, I'd start looking around the color demodulation stage. I find it odd that two channels downstream of that would go bad simultaneously.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.